Monday, November 1, 2010

Too Faced Enchanted Glamourland Review & Swatches

Repurchase: No
Price: $49.00
Product: 22.5/25
Packaging: 3/5
Value: 10/10
Overall Grade: B+
I've been dying to get my hands on the Too Faced Enchanted Glamourland set since the first time I laid eyes on it so I'm super excited about this! The set is part of Too Faced's Holiday 2010 line-up which consists of fairies and everything magical.
The Packaging: Presentation wise, I'd say Too Faced did brilliantly. The fairies, glitter, and pop-ups really drew me towards the set -everything looks some whimsical and fantasy-like. However, packaging wise, I'd say they failed. Although the pop-ups and book style format are adorable, they're not practical. The set is going to be difficult to store (because of its size) and will be a hassle to travel with. Also, the set comes with a set of "flashcards" that include 3 look ideas.

I honestly would've preferred a sleek little palette that housed just the eyeshadows and blush/bronzer with the primer and gloss on the side (separate from the palette.) I do like the fact that the tray holding the eyeshadows, TFSI, and gloss slides all the way out but I would've loved for it to have a lid! Also, I don't like how the blush and bronzer aren't even in this "tray" -they're on the side with all the pop-ups! I'm scared to remove the plastic sheet because I don't want the beautiful packaging to be ruined by the product.

Ingredients
More Ingredients
Forest Nymph Look
Violet Femme Look
Flirty Fairy Look

The Product: The Too Faced Enchanted Glamourland set is an amazing value. The set includes one full size Glamour Gloss in Pillow Talk ($19 individually), a full size Shadow Insurance (individually $18), 15 (0.03 oz) eyeshadows (individually $16 for 0.08 oz), (0.08 oz) La Vie en Rose Blush (individually $20 for 0.23 oz), and (0.14 oz) Snow Bunny Bronzer (individually $28 for 0.33 oz.)

Eyeshadows- The eyeshadows are all very good quality wise -there were no duds which is pretty amazing. I wouldn't say that they're extremely pigmented (like many Urban Decay eyeshadows for instance) but the quality is still very good -maybe more like Smashbox or even theBalm. The eyeshadows are all very pigmented, smooth, and long wearing (but I always wear a primer.) The colors are great as well and I love that the palette includes both mattes and shimmers. Some shades that really stand out (because of their excellent color payoff) are Label Whore, Honey Pot, Ooh & Aah, and Stiletto.

Blush & Bronzer- La Vie en Rose blush is really nice and will look great on all skin tones. It's a bit shimmery and gives life to dull, Winter cheeks. Snow Bunny Bronze is too sparkly and light to be a bronzer (for me) so I wear it as a highlighter. Both the blush and bronzer apply smoothly and last for around 4-5 hours (on bare skin.)

Shadow Insurance Eye Primer- TFSI in one of my favorite primers (I just did a post all about primers last week.) TFSI is a great primer that will enhance your eyeshadow color, make your eyeshadow last longer (up to 10 hours), and prevent it from creasing. Also, a major reason why I love TFSI is because it doesn't dry out my already dry skin -UDPP can make my eye area really dry especially during the colder months.

Glamour Gloss- I didn't want to open or swatch the Pillow Talk Glamour Gloss because the last time I bought Glamour Gloss, I really didn't like it. It had that tingly/burning sensation that I don't like and didn't smell too great. And although there was some "burning", it did feel nice on my lips once it stopped. However, after I removed the gloss, my lips were so dried up that they became cracked and bloody.. so I hope you understand why I can't get myself to do a lip swatch of this!

(I'm not going to weigh too much of the product grade on this gloss because it could really just be that I'm senstive to the gloss.)

Too Faced Enchanted Glamourland Eyeshadows
Snow Bunny Bronze
La Vie en Rose Blush

The Color:

Eyeshadows (There are 4 "exclusives" in this set -I'm guessing these shades are exclusive to this set. They don't have actual names.)
  1. In The Buff- Matte ivory
  2. Exclusive (1)- Matte, very light, almost white pink
  3. George & Weezie- Shimmery very light iridescent gold
  4. Velvet Revolver- Matte medium slightly taupe-y brown
  5. Honey Pot- Shimmery golden copper
  6. Teddy Bear- Matte chocolate milk brown
  7. Exclusive (2)- Bright violet with violet shimmer
  8. Boy Toy- Shimmery medium pink
  9. Peach fuzz- Very light peach with gold glitter
  10. Exclusive (3)- Shimmery teal
  11. Label Whore- Shimmery, slightly reddened rich brown with greenish teal reflects
  12. Glamazon- Shimmery tanned pink
  13. Exclusive (4)- Rich brown with violet shimmer
  14. Ooh & Aah- Frosty metallic silver wth shimmer
  15. Stiletto- Matte black with very minor silver shimmer
Blush/Bronzer
  1. La Vie en Rose Blush- Bright rosy pink with golden shimmer (great for a "naturally flushed" look)
  2. Snow Bunny Bronze- Light, shimmery golden bronze
Lip Gloss
  1. Pillow Talk- Mauve shimmer
Swatches.. (Includes everything but the gloss)

Above (with flash) from left: In The Buff, Exclusive (1), George & Weezie, Velvet Revolver, Honey Pot
Above (with flash) from left: Teddy Bear, Exclusive (2), Boy Toy, Peach Fuzz, Exclusive (3)
Above (with flash) from left: Label Whore, Glamazon, Exclusive (4), Ooh & Aah, Stiletto
Above (with flash) from left: Snow Bunny Bronze, La Vie en Rose Blush
Above (with flash): Separate Snow Bunny Bronze "stripes"

Overall: Although I do really like this Enchanted Glamourland set, I wouldn't repurchase it -one will be enough to last me an entire lifetime! I would repurchase it if there was a new edition that offered shades I was interested but I'm really not too thrilled about the packaging in general.
Other then that, I'm happy with the set and highly recommend it to anyone starting out with makeup (since it contains a good assortment of products), anyone simply wishing to add something pretty to their collection, or anyone who just loves a good deal.

Where To Buy: Sephora

More Photos..

14 comments:

  1. The palette look great! I think the colors are a little too shimmery and glittery for me though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you swatch the lip gloss?

    ReplyDelete
  3. if you would have read the blog properly, you would have read this part "Glamour Gloss- I didn't want to open or swatch the Pillow Talk Glamour Gloss because the last time I bought Glamour Gloss, I really didn't like it. It had that tingly/burning sensation that I don't like and didn't smell too great. And although there was some "burning", it did feel nice on my lips once it stopped. However, after I removed the gloss, my lips were so dried up that they became cracked and bloody.. so I hope you understand why I can't get myself to do a lip swatch of this!"

    lovely post Kali :) Now I'm lusting after this myself :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I first saw this, I fell in love with the packaging. I didnt get to swatch though. Its soo pretty, its going on my bday/xmas wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Anonymous.. There are loads of shimmers but there are also a few mattes -the only thing is that all the mattes are neutral shades. I would've loved some colorful mattes. =\

    @ Anonymous.. Sorry! I didn't want to swatch it because last time I tried this gloss, it gave me a bad reaction. I wanted to save it to give away.. If I swatch it, I won't be able to give it away.

    But here's a swatch I found:

    http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/cosmetics/more-too-faced-glamour-gloss-swatches/

    (It's the middle swatch)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Melly.. Glad you liked the post! It's a bit of a splurge but I swear, it's a great value and the product is really, really, good.

    @ Melissa.. I agree! The glitter and fairies are just so fun and whimsical -they really pull you in. I hope you get your hands on it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of palettes like this but they're always a bit impractical like you said. The shadows look great though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely.. If only there was a way to have the eyshadows but in a more compact palette!! I would love that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just the box alone is so adorable...

    Dhalia

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know! I love it as decor -it's been sitting on my table for a few days now! xP

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw this palette at Sephora a while ago. The packaging is very magical. I'd been holding off buying it because while the packaging is very pretty, I wasn't sure whether the product itself is worth it. I've read your review and placed an order for this palette right afterward on this last day of Friends & Family sale. I can't wait to get it in the mail. Thanks for your helpful review!

    Paige

    ReplyDelete
  12. Paige, I'm really glad the review helped you. I too was over the fence about it and I'm so so happy with it. I hope you love it as much as I do!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw this at sephora, but unfortunately i didn't have any money on me :( it looks amazing, especiallt the blush

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi ! I was wondering if I could borrow the pictures of this palette if I link to your blog and tell my readers that I borrowed it from you? My blog is heidilarsenmakeup.com. It*s a norwegian beautyblog :)

    Have a Nice day ! :)

    ReplyDelete