Wednesday, August 4, 2010

N.Y.C. Blushable Crème Sticks in "Plaza Pink" & "South St. Seashell"

Repurchase: No
Price: $3.57 @ Walmart (0.28 oz/ 8 g)
Product: 8/10
Packaging: 8/10
Value: 9.5/10
Overall Grade: B
After seeing oodles of reviews for the N.Y.C. Blushable Crème Sticks, I was really excited to try them out. I was hoping for a dupe for the NARS The Multiple -read on to see how they did.
The Packaging: The tube is like an oversized tube of lipstick with a clear cap. The bottom half of the tube is used to twist up the product.
The Product: Twisted all the way up, there's a little over 1.25 inches of product. The texture of these crème sticks is soft, smooth, and creamy. The blush feels very light on and has good color payoff. The downside is that these don't last very long -about 3 hours tops for me. After 3 hours, the color has faded and only a slight dewy glow is left.
To apply this crème stick, I dab it along the apples of my cheeks and then use a brush to blend and buff it out. It looks nice and even and leaves a nice pop of dewy color.
N.Y.C. Blushable Crème Stick in Plaza Pink
N.Y.C. Blushable Crème Stick in South St. Seashell

The Color:
1. Plaza Pink (644U)- Light corally pink with silver shimmer (there's more pink than coral.)
2. South St. Seashell (647U)- Warm medium peachy rose with minor shimmer.
I really like Plaza Pink. It adds just the right amount of rosiness to my cheeks and (the color) looks very natural. It can be a little too shimmery though. South St. Seashell is nice as well and really brings out my cheekbones. I like that this only contains minor shimmer and instead has more of a nice sheen.

Swatches..
 Above (no flash) from left: (Swatched heavily) N.Y.C. Blushable Crème Stick in Plaza Pink, South St. Seashell
 Above (no flash) from left: (Swatched heavily) N.Y.C. Blushable Crème Stick in Plaza Pink, South St. Seashell (More accurately resembles actual color)
 Above (no flash) from left: (Blended) N.Y.C. Blushable Crème Stick in Plaza Pink, South St. Seashell
Above (no flash) from left: (Blended) N.Y.C. Blushable Crème Stick in Plaza Pink, South St. Seashell (More accurately resembles actual color)
Overall: I'm sort of half and half on these. While I like the effect the crème sticks give, I really hate to reapply my blush during the day. While these are cheaper option, I think I rather save up on a longer lasting product. However, these are a great option if you're on a budget and looking for a nice variety of shades.

Where To Buy: Walmart, CVS, Rite Aid

10 comments:

  1. The colors look nice but too bad they don't last long. Definitely a good option for those who are new to makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review and swatches. They look pretty nice, especially for the price :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, too bad they don't last all day. I have these too but I haven't played with them yet...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a few of these! They tend to last longer as a base for powder blush.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Kristie.. Yea I think they're definitely good for beginners or people on a budget or even just makeup obsessed people like you and me!

    @ Maria Elizabeth.. You're welcome. =) Yupp at this price, you can't complain!

    @ Val.. Ooh what shades do you have?? They're totally fine if you're willing to reapply your blush throughout the day.

    @ PoorCollegeStudent.. Awesome! Thanks for the tip. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this review! I am so tempted to try these but I haven't gotten any yet. I like the look of plaza pink! Too bad about the lasting power though. I had similar issues with Maybelline's Dream Mousse blush... the color barely showed up on me though and it didn't last very long. But I agree with PoorCollegeStudent, I find it works a lot better as a base for powder blush :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I remember the Dream Mousse Blush. I used to really like it but had the same problem too AND it went on patchy. Ended up giving it to my cousin.

    It wouldn't be so bad to try these.. only around $3! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I went kind of crazy cause I had been curious and on the look out for them since everyone was raving about them, so when I finally found them I bought all the colors they had, lol. I tried out South St. Seashell the other day and like you, I'm on the fence, don't hate them but I didn't swoon when I put it on...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! All the colors?! Yea, I def don't think they're "amazing" but rather.. good. I wore Plaza Pink today and it faded within 3 hours.. just like before. =(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely swatches. Does anyone fancy doing a swap since this product isnt in the UK unfortunantly and i really want a few of the colors especially the more shimmery stick colors since i like the luminous glowy effect so if anyone is interested in doing a swap with some products that you may need or want from the UK, then please let me know thanks. You can contact me on my email: nabahmed10@hhotmail.com if you are interested. ;D

    ReplyDelete