Monday, April 5, 2010

Tokidoki Limited Edition Cromatico Eyeshadow Palettes in Bastardino, Adios, & Diamante (Brief Review & Swatches)


Cromatico Eyeshadow Palette in "Bastardino" (top left)

Brief Review: At $25, I wasn't amazed with the Bastardino palette. This is the most neutral of the 3 palettes offered in the Tokidoki line. I think I'd be better off buying one from the drugstore than shelling $25 out for this. The pigmentation is so-so and isn't anywhere near outstanding. The standout feature of the quad was the cute Tokidoki package but other than that -this really wasn't anything special compared to the other gorgeous palettes that Sephora has to offer. I really have no idea why it's rated at nearly 5 stars (out of 5 reviews) on Sephora's site right now but I expect it to go down. Maybe I have high expectations but if you're comparing this to other great palettes -this falls at around a "C+" grade (includes packaging.)

Color: Top Left= Shade 1, Top Right= Shade 2, Bottom Left= Shade 3, Bottom Right= Shade 4.

1. Shade 1- Shimmery taupey nude.

2. Shade 2- Shimmery ivory beige (I think it's Carnivora -from the single shadows.)

3. Shade 3- Medium-dark matte brown.

4. Shade 4- Shimmery forest green with glitter. (Bastardino)

Swatches..

Above (no flash) from left: Shades 2, 1, 3, 4.
Above (with flash) from left: Shades 2, 1, 3, 4.

Cromatico Eyeshadow Palette in "Adios" (bottom middle)

Brief Review: I really loved the 4th color in the Adios palette -the blue. Again, the eyeshadows are nowhere near amazing (I won't get too into it since I already did with the first palette.) The first 3 shades actually were mediocre. They didn't swatch well at all but the 4th shade was so, so beautiful. I'd buy it if it came in a single but it doesn't. I'd give this a "C-" grade because all the shadows, with the exception of the 4th shade, didn't swatch well at all.

Colors:

1. Shade 1- Shimmery icy light grey. (Could be Samba from eyeshadow singles.)

2. Shade 2- Pearly very light grey with silver glitter.

3. Shade 3- Matte black. (In the singles, Adios Star is black with silver glitter so this is probably just the "Adios" part.)

4. Shade 4- Gorgeous greyish blue or slate blue. (Reminds me of NARS "Underworld" duo.)

Swatches..
Above (no flash) from left: Shades 1, 2, 3, 4.
Above (with flash) from left: Shades 1, 2, 3, 4.

Cromatico Eyeshadow Palette in "Diamante" (top right)

Brief Review: I thought the Diamante palette was the best "overall" because all the shades were well pigmented compared to the other palettes. It seems as though each palette swatched differently even though they included some of the same colors. For instance, the first shade in this one was (I think) the same shade in the Adios palette but it swatched better. The third shade was the most pigmented though. I'd give this palette a "B-" grade.

Color:

1. Shade 1- Pearly champagne with a hint of pink and silver glitter. (Diamante from singles.)

2. Shade 2- Shimmery icy grey with hint of lavender.

3. Shade 3- Shimmery plum with brown. (I think this is supposed to be Romeo but this looks like it has more plum than Romeo from the eyeshadow single.)

4. Shade 4- Shimmery lavender -almost periwinkle. (I think this was supposed to be Nancy Rocks from the singles but this looks way more periwinkle and seems to have more blue to it.)

Swatches..
Above (no flash) from left: Shades 1, 2, 3, 4.
Above (with flash) from left: Shades 1, 2, 3, 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment