Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Tokidoki Fantastico Lip Ink (Brief Review & Swatches)

Brief Review: Ok this is finally the last product review for the Tokidoki line. I've enjoyed reviewing the products but seriously, I want to move on to something else! So the $15 Tokidoki Fantastico Lip Ink was one of the products that didn't come in a mega load of colors (e.g. Tokidoki Prisma lip glosses, Cromatico eyeshadows.) The colors were pretty subtle and not ridiculously bright or too dark like most lip stains. That may be a bummer for some folks but for me, it's perfect. I can't tell you much about the wear since I only swatched these but the fabulous Muse has an awesome review of the Lip Ink in "Cactus Friends" on her blog. I think this would be great to wear alone or under gloss so that you still have some color when your gloss fades. I think that $15 is a good price for the stain -it's not as expensive as other higher end stains but is twice the price of the $7.50 Cover Girl Outlast Lipstain Marker.

Color:
1. Cactus Friends- Coral.
2. Carnivora- Fuchsia (described as "purple" by Sephora.com but I see a lot of pink as well.)
3. Nana Star- Subdued peachy pink -almost a nude color.
4. Peperincino- Rosey maroon (going towards pink but still very much maroon.)
5. Rainbow Cloud- Nude, dark tan.

Swatches..
Above (no flash) from left: Cactus Friends, Carnivora, Nana Star, Peperincino, Rainbow Cloud.
Above (with flash) from left: Cactus Friends, Carnivora, Nana Star, Peperincino, Rainbow Cloud.

No comments:

Post a Comment