Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Spring Cleaning: Dumping Out My Mascaras & My "Lash Regimen" (Products I Use On My Lashes)

mascaras


So I have this bad habit -buying mascaras that I never use. Sure I love all my mascaras but there are only a few that I actually use on a reguar basis so I tend to neglect all my other mascaras. This causes them to go to waste since they dry out in just a few months (around 3!) I threw out a few mascaras prior to doing this post but here are the mascaras that I DON'T use..

Do you see that YSL Volume Effet Faux Cils (my used to be favorite mascara??) I cannot BELIEVE they raised the price from $28.50 to $30.00.. It's remarkable that products keep getting pricier by the year but the product either stays the same size -or shrinks!! Anywho.. I stopped using this altogether since I now favor my Prestige My Biggest Lashes. It gives me the same volume, curl, thickness, pretty black shade as my precious YSL Faux Cils except for it doesn't clump as much (good thing) AND is about 1/5 the price of YSL. That's right.. it's only about $6.50 at drugstores and if you do a BOGO, it's even cheaper.


So here are the mascaras that I do use (on a daily basis)..

I pretty much reach for My Biggest Lashes daily. I start of using Shiseido The Makeup Mascara Base to prime my lashes and then use a coat or 2 of My Biggest Lashes. On days when I need a waterproof mascara, I use L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof -it's pretty good at thickening and has a nice, rich, black color but My Biggest Lashes gives me much more of an ooooomph factor. I also run my Sonia Kashuk white lash comb/brow groomer through my lashes to get rid of any clumps. It's my favorite lash comb and I love that it's compact (and cheap.) I also use the NYC (New York Color) lash curler that you can get for just $2.99 I believe at drugstores. I swear it's my absolute favorite curler and I've owned the Shu Uemura curler and several Revlon ones. It's the only one that makes my lashes look nice (at least for my short, wimpy lashes.) People sometimes think that I have fake lashes! (Btw, not sure why blogger's not letting me center my pics!)


Sonia Kashuk Lash Comb -$4.99 at Target
N.Y.C. Lash Curler -$2.99 at drugstores

Well that's it for my lash regimen.. enjoy!

P.S. I created the little collage using Polyvore!! Pictures (lash comb & curler) above from Target and New York Color websites.

No comments:

Post a Comment