Monday, January 25, 2010

Urban Decay "Alice In Wonderland" Book of Shadows Swatches (and dupes!) & Sephora Haul (NEW Products!!)

Hello!! Just visited Sephora last Friday January 22, 2010 and they had EVERYTHING that was on my "to get" list. That never happens so you can see how excited I was. I asked the SA if they had the UD Alice in Wonderland Book of Shadows in yet and they did!! They put them all in the back so you need to request for it at the register in order to get one. I was told that they only had about 8 left (but that was an hour before I came.) Here's what I got along with the highly anticipated Alice Palette:
There was a TON of sale items. Nearly everything I purchased was on sale..

1. Urban Decay "Alice in Wonderland" Book of Shadows (3)- $52
2. TheBalm "Shady Lady Vol. 2" Palette- $39.50
3. Stila "Jewel Eyeshadow" Palette- $32
4. Kat Von D "Lightning Sheer" Lip Gloss in "Strutter"- $9 (sale)
5. Kat Von D "Rock N' Roll" Eyeshadow Duo in "Moonshine"- $10 (sale)
6. Kat Von D "Autograph Eyeliner" in "Immortal Love"- $9 (sale)
7. Kat Von D "Autograph Eyeliner" in "Romantico"- $9 (sale)
8. Kat Von D "Autograph Eyeliner" in "Brass Knuckles"- $9 (sale)
9. Make Up For Ever "Waterproof Eyebrow Corrector" in "4"- $19
10. CARGO Blush in "Rome"- $12 (sale)
11. CARGO Blush in "Catalina"- $12 (sale)
12. CARGO "Botanical Lipstick" in "Eve Pinky"- $10 (sale)
13. CARGO "Botanical Lipstick" in "Grace"- $10 (sale)
14. CARGO "The Reverse Lipliner" in "Dark/Medium"- $7 (sale) I bought 2 of these.
15. Sephora by O.P.I. "Matte Nail Colour" in "Matte DOmestic Goddess"- $5 (sale)
16. I also got a free deluxe sample of Smashbox eye primer because the SA was super nice!! I got 3 foundation samples as well..
I was so happy that there were a few Cargo blushes left. I had planned to buy "Rome" online but it got snatched up too quickly! Luckily when I went, Catalina and Rome were still left over. All the colorful quads were gone though. Boooooo!

So here's the equation: Disney+Urban Decay=A third book of Shadows!! Here's the Urban Decay "Alice In Wonderland" Book of Shadows!!
I love the black/gray box with the dark detailing. I love that it's simple and not over the top. I have to say however that I do not like the packaging of any Urban Book of Shadows because they are not practical. Sure they're cute but they're so big and bulky to lug around. This is a palette that needs to be kept at home -unless you have a gigantic makeup bag.
Above is the little card that's in the back of the palette. It shows all the colors and what the comes with the Book of Shadows.
Here's what it looks like when you open it up. As you can see, it's a forest scenery with Alice in the middle of the path. Very cute!
Here's a closeup of Alice and the artsy detailing. I really love the mushrooms and giant wine bottle. I love fantastical little details.
Here's what's inside when you pull out the drawer from underneath the little pop-up display. I have to say that this drawer is so much easier to pull out that the Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. 1. I could never get that drawer open. As you can see, this palette comes with 16 shadows, 1 mini Urban Decay Primer Potion, and 2 mini Urban Decay 24/7 liners in "Zero" and "Flipside."
Swatches!!!!! (no flash.. I will take flash photos later because now that I look at it, these seem very light. There's just been no sun where I live so it's difficult to get good swatch photos.)
Above (from left): Underland, Alice, Oraculum, Queen, Chessur, White Rabbit, Wonderland, & Curiouser.
Above (from left): Muchness, Mushroom, Midnight Tea Party, Vorpal, Absolem, Drink Me Eat Me, Mad Hatter, & Jabberwocky.

I have to say that I like this Book of Shadows so much more than the previous 2. I purchased both the palettes but sold/passed them on because I never used them. UD Book of Shadows Vol.1 was too colorful. I really loved the colors but I would never wear them. It also had 2 brushes that I though were super cute -but they didn't work well. Also, the Primer Potion was smaller and in a different bottle. UD Book of Shadows Vol.2 I remember being so glittery! Everything just had so much glitter and I didn't want to look like a multicolored disco ball. I did like the 2 liners that came with it instead of the brushes but still, I couldn't really use the palette. The Alice palette contains more natural and wearable colors which I'm a huge fan of since I usually wear more natural shadows. Also, I have to warn you that none of the shades in this palette are new. They're just shades that already exist -but with cooler, new names. So to those who already own another book of shadows or multiple UD palettes, I'd skip out on this one and save the $52. However, if you're an Alice in Wonderland fan, I guess you might want this.. but I don't feel that it's worth it if you already have the shadows.
Dupes:
1. Underland=Flash
2. Alice= Painkiller
3. Oraculum= Baked
4. Queen= Last Call
5. Chessur= Chopper
6. White Rabbit= Polyester Bride
7. Wonderland= Maui Wowie
8. Curiouser= Grifter
9. Muchness= X
10. Mushroom= Mushroom
11. Midnight Tea Party= Midnight Cowboy
12. Vorpal= S&M
13. Absolum= Homegrown
14. Drink Me, Eat Me= Sin
15. Mad Hatter= Twice Baked
16. Jabberwocky= Oil Stick

2 comments:

  1. great haul!! I am so glad you like the CARGO products - frustrating to see them leave Sephora but at least they are not being discontinued - it is a good line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have this palette my Urban Decay too, i love it :)

    ReplyDelete